12 toukokuuta 2017

Tedious Week!


This has been a tedious week, but I'm trying to sum up my five.


1. WEATHERWISE no news.
Very cold and a bit of new snow everyday. Every night below zero. So ridiculous!
Practically no progress in the garden - only tiny blues...

THE BEST SHORT STORY COLLECTIONS WERE:
Alice Munro - The Moons of Jupiter
Raymond Carver - What we talk about when we talk about love
Adam Johnson - Fortune Smiles

2. SHORT STORY CHALLENGE
I participated in a short story reading challenge and read alltogether
204 short stories since November 2016.
The collections above are excellent, I warmly recommend if you haven't read.


3. J. M. COETZEE
This South-African nobelist was a new writer to me.
The Childhood of Jesus was a bit odd, but
The Summertime absolutely hilarious - with ***** Goodreads stars!
The Summertime is a kind of biography of Coetzee with great self irony! I warmly recommend.

The Summer Fairy continues to sleep and is blushing out of shame!

4. MAY ART CHALLENGE
We were challenged to do something in only 5 minutes.
To this collage I chose those 5 min pictures with a little more elaboration.

5. SPORTS
Madrid open (tennis) is going on, but I haven't watched much.
In doubles the Finn Henry Kontinen & Australian John Peers are ranked
as the pair nr 1 and in Quarter Finals today...
Also The 2017 IIHF World Championship in ice-hockey is going on.
For the team Finland no great success, but they are hanging on.



Happy Mother's Day! - Onnea Äideille!

12 kommenttia:

  1. Your week was varied,too!! Nice photos :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. What a lot you've been up to. I hope your weather improves soon.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Great short story book recommendations!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Beautiful artworks and: the writer are unknown for me except A. Munro.
    We had a big thunderstorm today, it took away the warm air, I hope, it brings it to you :)

    VastaaPoista
  5. The weather seems so cold this year but there have been so many bluebells lasting a long time so round every corner something good appears.

    VastaaPoista
  6. I'm impressed by the number of short stories. I'm not much into reading short stories, I prefer novels.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Wow, a busy week. Love the little blues in the garden, so dainty.

    Diana

    VastaaPoista
  8. Hello Riitta. Love your creative artwork. I've also found Alice Munro and J.M. Coetzee to be interesting writers although I haven't read their work for some time. Have a good day and I hope the weather improves for you.

    VastaaPoista
  9. I love your artwork and thanks for the book recommendations. I've never been much into short stories but just started a book of Alice Munro's recently - great writer.
    Fil @ Fil’s Place

    VastaaPoista
  10. Busy week, I do hope the weather improves. Our weather in the UK is a bit up and down but it's mainly getting warmer. The husband is in shorts anyway. Love your artwork. Cathy x

    VastaaPoista
  11. Feliz fin de semana. Besitos.

    VastaaPoista
  12. you certainly have been busy! thanks for finding the time to join in with Five on Friday

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your comment ♥ All comments containing an advertising link shall be removed.

Kommentoimalla HYVÄKSYT, että Google kerää sinusta määrättyjä tietoja. Mitä ne ovat, löytyy sivulta Yksityisyydensuoja sekä Googlen sivulta.